Bede; his life, times, and writings;
essays in commemoration of the twelfth centenary of his death,
edited by A. Hamilton Thompson. With an introd. by the Lord Bishop of Durham.
|Main Author:||Thompson, A. Hamilton 1873-1952.|
New York, Russell & Russell, 1966
> the Venerable, Saint,
Authors, Latin (Medieval and modern) > England > Biography.
Authors, English > Old English, ca. 450-1100 > Biography.
Monasticism and religious orders > England.
Christian saints > England > Biography.
Anglo-Saxons > Intellectual life.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Select bibliography (p. [ix]-xii)
- The life of the Venerable Bede, by C. E. Whiting.
- The age of Bede, by E. W. Watson.
- Northumbrian monasticism, by A. H. Thompson.
- Monkwearmouth and Jarrow, by C. Peers.
- Bede as historian, by W. Levison.
- Bede as exegete and theologian, by C. Jenkins.
- Bede's miracle stories, by B. Colgrave.
- The manuscripts of Bede, by M. R. James.
- The library of the Venerable Bede, by M. L. W. Laistner.