A kingdom divided :
evangelicals, loyalty, and sectionalism in the Civil War era /
April E. Holm.
|Main Author:||Holm, April, 1981-|
> United States
> 19th century.
Evangelicalism > United States > History > 19th century.
United States > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > Religious aspects > Christianity.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Watchmen on the walls of Zion: the evangelical west
- The great secession: slavery and schism on the religious border
- Combustible matter: conflict on the border after division
- Moral and political thunderstorms: national politics and border evangelicals
- Worshipping under the shadow of the flag: wartime conflict and federal response
- Almost like founding an empire: Union victory and religious reconstruction
- A fire in the front and a fire in the rear: border realignment and the failure of reunion
- An appeal to the future: memory of war and failure of reunion