The blessings of business :
how corporations shaped conservative Christianity /
Darren E. Grem.
|Main Author:||Grem, Darren E.,|
> Religious aspects
Conservatism > Religious aspects > Christianity.
Conservatism > United States > History > 20th century.
Evangelicalism > United States > History > 20th century.
United States > Church history > 20th century.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Part I. How big businessmen shaped conservative evangelicalism. Fundamentalist fronts: Herbert J. Taylor, businessmen, and the "revival" of conservative evangelicalism
- Corporate convictions: Billy Graham, big business, and the new evangelicalism
- Corporate crusades: markets, missions, and R.G. LeTourneau's cold war
- Part II. How conservative evangelicalism became big business. Marketplace missions: Chick-fil-A and the evangelical business sector
- Culture industries: Heritage USA and the corporatization of evangelical culture
- Free-market faith: Zig Ziglar and the business of evangelical culture war.