The desire of the nations :
rediscovering the roots of political theology /
|Main Author:||O'Donovan, Oliver.|
Cambridge ; New York, NY : Cambridge University Press, 1996
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Beyond suspicion
- Ethics, politics and the practice of suspicion
- Political concepts
- Israel and the reading of the Scriptures
- The revelation of God's kingship
- 'Yhwh reigns'
- The mediators
- 'King over the whole earth'
- The individual
- Dual authority and the fulfilling of the time
- Dual authority
- The fulfilling of the time
- The triumph of the Kingdom
- The representative
- The moments of the representative act
- The subjection of the nations
- The church
- The authorisation of the church
- Moments of recapitulation
- The obedience of rulers
- Christendom: the doctrine of the Two
- Mission or coercion?
- The legacy of Christendom
- The redemption of society
- The end of Christendom
- Liberal society
- Modernity and menace.