A pursued justice :
Black preaching from the great migration to civil rights /
Kenyatta R. Gilbert.
|Main Author:||Gilbert, Kenyatta R.,|
African American preaching
> 20th century.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: The migration of hope
- The exodus : history and voices of the great migration
- The promised land : social crisis and the importance of Black preaching
- Preaching as exodus : prophetic imagination, praxis, and aesthetics
- Exodus preaching : gospel and migration
- Exodus as Civil Rights : King and beyond
- Conclusion: Petitionary truth telling
- Appendix A: Chapter 4 sermons
- Appendix B: Chapter 5 sermons.