Mormonism and American politics /
edited by Randall Balmer and Jana Riess.
|Other Authors:||Balmer, Randall Herbert,, Riess, Jana,|
Religion, culture, and public life.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
> Political activity.
Mormon Church > Political activity.
Religion and politics > United States.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Joseph Smith's presidential ambitions / Richard Lyman Bushman
- Unpopular sovereignty : Brigham Young and the U.S. government, 1847-1877 / John G. Turner
- Polygamy in the nation's capitol : Protestant women and the 1899 campaign against B.H. Roberts / Jana Riess
- Eternal progression : Mormonism and American progressivism / Matthew Bowman
- Ezra Taft Benson and the conservative turn of "those amazing Mormons" / Jan Shipps
- Testimony and theology : the Mormon struggle with America's civil religion / Russell Arben Fox
- Chosen land, chosen people : religious and american exceptionalism among the Mormons / Philip L. Barlow
- Like father, unlike son : the governors Romney, the Kennedy paradigm, and the Mormon question / Randall Balmer
- A politically peculiar people : how Mormons moved into and then out of the political mainstream / David E. Campbell, Christopher F. Karpowitz, and J. Quin Monson
- "Twice-told tale" : telling two histories of Mormon-Black relations during the 2012 presidential election / Max Perry Mueller
- Mormon women talk politics / Claudia L. Bushman
- On the "underground" : what the Mormon "yes on 8" campaign reveals about the future of Mormons in American political life / Joanna Brooks
- Mitt, Mormonism, and the media : an unfamiliar faith takes the stage in the 2012 U.S. presidential election / Peggy Fletcher Stack.