Journey toward justice :
personal encounters in the global south /
Nicholas P. Wolterstorff.
|Main Author:||Wolterstorff, Nicholas.|
Christianity and justice.
Christianity > 21st century.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Part 1. Awakening. Two awakening experiences
- An evening in Amman
- Questions about starting from the wronged
- One difference that starting from the wronged made
- Another difference that starting from the wronged made
- Part 2. Justice and rights. Opposition to rights-talk
- What are rights?
- Rights grounded in worth
- Why rights-talk is important
- Is rights-talk for expressing possessive individualism?
- Part 3. Justice in scripture. Natural rights in three Church Fathers
- Justice in the Old Testament
- On the claim that justice is supplanted in the New Testament
- Justice in the New Testament
- On English translations of the New Testament
- More about justice in the New Testament
- Justice and love
- Justice, love, and shalom
- Does scripture imply a right order conception of justice?
- Part 4. Righting injustice. Human rights
- Six days in South Africa
- Art in the struggle to right injustice
- On the blocking of empathy and the hardening of hearts
- The structure of social justice movements
- Part 5. Just punishment. A visit to Honduras
- St. Paul's rejection of retributive punishment
- What Paul said about the task and authority of the state
- Justice, forgiveness, and punishment
- Part 6. Beauty, hope, and justice. Justice and beauty