African American church leadership :
principles for effective ministry and community leadership /
Lee N. June, Christopher C. Mathis Jr., editors.
|Other Authors:||June, Lee N., Mathis, Christopher C.|
Grand Rapids, Mich. : Kregel, 2013
African American churches.
African American leadership > Religious aspects > Christianity.
African American clergy.
Leadership > Religious aspects > Christianity.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Preface. Leadership principles in the African American Church / Matthew Parker Sr.
- Introduction / Lee N. June and Christopher C. Mathis Jr.
- PART 1: LEADERSHIP IN PERSPECTIVE
- 1. Leadership in African American churches: new horizons for the twenty-first century / Henry L. Allen
- 2. Leadership voices: past, present and future / Lee N. June, Matthew Parker Sr., and Christopher C. Matthis Jr.
- PART 2. SOME HOW-TOS OF LEADERSHIP
- 3. General leadership planning and development / Paul Cannings
- 4. Leadership planning and development in the ministry of the pastor, elder, and deacon / Paul Cannings
- 5. The development of a cohesive process for productive leadership / Paul Cannings
- 6. Mobilizing and motivating the congregation for effectiveness / Lloyd C. Blue
- PART 3. HANDLING THE PRESSURES OF LEADERSHIP
- 7. Balancing your mind and your ministry / Christina Dixon
- 8. Practical stress management for leaders / Sabrina D. Black
- 9. Leadership in crisis / Pamela J. Hudson
- 10. Leaving the lone-ranger mentality, alone / Brenda A. Jenkins
- PART 4. SOME SPECIAL ASPECTS OF LEADERSHIP
- 11. Youth leadership development in the black church / Michael and Maria Westbrook
- 12. Consecrated women: freedom to lead by faith / Patricia Robinson Wi8lliams and Shirley Spencer June
- 13. Preparing young black males for future leadership / Christopher C. Mathis Jr.
- 14. Servant leadership: the leadership style of Jesus: leadership principles of the Bible, and the leader as steward.