Knowing God the Father through the Old Testament /
Christopher J.H. Wright.
|Main Author:||Wright, Christopher J. H., 1947-|
Downers Grove, Ill. : IVP Academic, 2007
> Old Testament
> Criticism, interpretation, etc.
God > Fatherhood > Biblical teaching.
Table of Contents:
- Knowing God as a Father in action: God-the Father who carries: God-the Father who disciplines: God-the Father who pities: God-the Father who adopts
- Knowing God through experience of His grace: Uniqueness of the experience
- Content of the experience: Transmission of the experience: Purpose of the experience
- Knowing God through exposure to His judgment: God Pharaoh came to know: God Israel came to know
- Knowing God as the Father of His people: God as Father and Israel as Son: God as Father of Israel's King
- Knowing God through engaging Him in prayer: Abraham-God's friend: Moses-God's servant
- Knowing God through reflecting His justice
- Knowing God in comparison with the best gifts of God: Knowing God in contrast to the worst evil of humanity
- Knowing God through returning to His love: Knowledge of God gained through redemption: Knowledge of God lost through rebellion: Knowledge of God restored through repentance
- Knowing God in expectation of His victory: Gog and Magog-the movie: What Gog and the nations will know: What God's people will know
- Knowing God through trusting in His sovereignty: Trusting the God we know: Living as those who know God
- How do you know that you know God?