Performance on lute, guitar, and vihuela :
historical practice and modern interpretation /
edited by Victor Anand Coelho.
|Other Authors:||Coelho, Victor.|
Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1997
Cambridge studies in performance practice ;
Guitar > Performance > History.
Vihuela > Performance > History.
Performance practice (Music)
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- An invitation to the fifteenth-century plectrum lute : the Pesaro manuscript / Vladimir Ivanoff
- Lute tablature instructions in Italy : a survey of the regole from 1507 to 1759 / Dinko Fabris
- The performance context of the English lute song, 1596-1622 / Daniel Fischlin
- Per cantare e sonare : accompanying Italian lute song of the late sixteenth century / Kevin Mason
- Authority, autonomy, and interpretation in seventeenth-century Italian lute music / Victor Anand Coelho
- Performance instructions for the seventeenth-century French lute repertory / Wallace Rave
- The vihuela : performance practice, style, and context / John Griffiths
- Performing seventeenth-century Italian guitar music : the question of an appropriate stringing / Garry Boye
- Essential issues in performance practices of the classical guitar, 1770-1850 / Richard Savino.