Debating sexual correctness :
pornography, sexual harassment, date rape, and the politics of sexual equality /
edited and with an introduction by Adele M. Stan.
|Other Authors:||Stan, Adele M.|
New York : Delta, 1995
Sexual harassment of women
> United States.
Acquaintance rape > United States.
Pornography > United States.
Feminist theory > United States.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Feminism and the Culture of Sexuality /Adele M. Stan
- pt.1.PASSIONATE POLEMICS
- pt.1.Sex Harassment /Letty Cottin Pogrebin
- pt.1.Date Rape: TheStory of an Epidemic /Ellen Sweet
- pt.1.Rape and the Modern Sex War /Camille Paglia
- pt.1.Pornography is a Civil Rights Issue /Andrea Dworkin
- pt.1.Feminism, Moralism and Pornography /Ellen Willis
- pt.1.Where Do We Stand on Pornography?: AMs. Roundtable /Marcia Ann Gillespie, Moderator, /Gloria Jacobs, /Marilyn French, /Ntozake Shange, /Andrea Dworkin, and /Norma Ramos
- pt.2.FLASHPOINTS: THEMEESE COMMISSION, TAILHOOK, HILL-THOMAS, AND THE ANTIOCH SEX CODE
- pt.2.Pornography goes to Washington /Lindsy Van Gelder
- pt.2.Going Wild /Susan Faludi
- pt.2.It's a Case of the Powerless Versus the Powerful /Susan Estrich
- pt.2.Taking Sides Against Ourselves /Rosemary L. Bray
- pt.2.Sex Amidst Semicolons /George F. Will
- Playing by the Antioch rules /Eric Fassin
- pt.3.RIGHTS AND WRONGS IN THE INTIMATE ARENA
- pt.3TheFirst Amendment, Under Fire from the Left: AConversation with Floyd Abrams and Catharine A. MacKinnon, Anthony Lewis, Moderator
- pt.3.Thomas versus Clinton /Anita F. Hill
- pt.3.Dirt and Democracy /Alan Wolfe
- pt.3ThePrivacy Problem /Wendy Kaminer
- pt.3.Public Policy, Private Ritual /William Broyles, Jr.
- pt.4.WAYS OF SEEING (VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED)
- pt.4.Date Rape's Other Victim /Katie Roiphe
- pt.4.Not Just Bad Sex /Katha Pollitt
- pt.4.Under His Thumb /Amy Taubin
- pt.4.How to Avoid Date Rape /Nelson W. Aldrich, Jr.
- pt.4.Looking at Pictures /Celia Barbour
- pt.4.Beauty and the Beast /Robin Morgan
- pt.5.SEX WAR IN THE MEDIA
- pt.5ThePeeping Tube: America is Shocked. Shocked! /Walter Goodman
- pt.5.Are You a Bad Girl? /Naomi Wolf
- pt.5.Women of the Year? /Barbara Lippert
- pt.5.Entertainment for Men /Hendrik Hertzberg
- pt.5.Behind the Paula Jones Story /Mortimer Zuckerman
- pt.6.WHEN THE PERSONAL BECOMES POLITICAL
- pt.6.Seduced by Violence No More /Bell Hooks
- pt.6.How Dirty Pictures Changed My Life /Lisa Palac
- pt.6.I Never Called it Rape /Robin Warshaw
- pt.6.On Not Being a Victim /Mary Gaitskill
- pt.6.Two Good People /Stephen L. Carter Appendix A. TheDworkin-MacKinnon Antipornography Civil Rights Ordinance (Minneapolis). Appendix B. Selected Results from the Ms. Magazine Campus Project on Sexual Assault. Appendix C. Excerpt from the Antioch College Sexual-Offense Policy