Paul in his Hellenistic context /
edited by Troels Engberg-Pedersen.
|Other Authors:||Engberg-Pedersen, Troels|
Minneapolis : Fortress Press, 1995
> the Apostle, Saint
Bible. > Epistles of Paul > Criticism, interpretation, etc. > Congresses.
Hellenism > Influence > Congresses.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Universalism in Judiasm and Christianity /Alan F. Segal
- Yes, No, How Far?: Participation of Jews and Christians in pagan cults /Peder Borgen
- Paul and the Hellenistic schools : Evidence of Galen /Loveday Alexander
- Transfering a ritual : Paul's interpretation of baptism in Romans 6 /Hans Dieter Betz
- Enthymemic argumentation in Paul : Case of Romans 6 /David Hellholm
- Romans 7.7-25 as a speech-in-character / Stanley K. Stowers
- Quest for honor and the unity of the community in Romans 12 and the oration of Dio Chrysostom /Halvor Moxnes
- Determinism and free will in Paul : Argument of 1 Corinthians 8 and 9 / Abraham J. Malherbe
- Stoicism in Philippians /Troels Engberg-Pedersen
- Human nature and ethics in Hellenistic philosophical traditions and Paul : Some issues and problems /David E. Aune